Setting Off on a journey
We are pleased to announce that Consilium has set off on an amazing journey towards discovering ‘Social Inclusion Out of the Box’. The project, coordinated by a Spanish partner – Nexes Interculturals de joves per Europa – is part of the European Commission ERASMUS+ Programme, Key Action 2: Capacity Building in the field of youth.
The partnership brings together 11 organisations from Europe, Asia and Latin America, all working in the field of education and social inclusion.
The participating organisations are
Haus der offenen Tür – HoT (Germany)
Youth Exchange Service – YES (Netherlands)
Youth Included (Czech Republic)
Consilium Education and Training Ltd (United Kingdom)
Xena Centro Scambi e Dinamiche Interculturali (Italy)
A.E.N.A. – Los Cachorros (Peru)
Asociación Solidaridad y Acción – ASA (Ecuador)
Solidarité Jeunesse – SJ Vietnam (Vietnam)
Campaign for Change Nepal – CCN (Nepal)
Evergreen Center for Sustainable Development (China)
Nexes Interculturals de joves per Europa (Spain), which is coordinating the project
The project was created in order to:
- facilitate the exchange of innovative educational practices related to social inclusion in the field of youth between organizations from Programme and Partner countries;
- develop new competences related to social inclusion through creativity in order to contribute to greater youth active participation in social, cultural and political dimensions of their lives;
- promote peer learning between youth workers/practitioners of different continents based on creativity, active participation and intercultural learning;
- create innovative tools related to inclusion, based on exchange of experiences and best practices, development of new competences and peer learning:
- a set of viral videos
- an interactive Blog with best practices from different continents
- a virtual Toolkit for practitioners with the methods used in different context with a reflection and tips how they can be used in different realities
- a video (educational) game on social inclusion through creativity, which will be an innovative tool capitalizing main learning points of the project.
The project lasts 18 months (February 2015-July 2016), during which work is carried out at the local and international level (face to face meetings).
As such, the main project activities include:
- creation of local working groups in each of the 11 countries
- work on social inclusion tools and practices
- start up meeting and Tools sharing Seminar in Barcelona (22-28 March 2015)
- dissemination activities (workshops on new practices, social media)
- development of new tools on social inclusion, on the basis of good practices
- Working Meeting on Tools Development and Intermediate Evaluation (Lima, Peru, October 2015)
- dissemination activities continuation (local events, media campaign)
- Conference on Inclusion Tools and Evaluation/Follow up meeting (Hanoi, Vietnam, May 2016).
Further news regarding the project coming soon – see the news page for regular updates.
or check out the project website: www.socialinclusionoutofthebox.org